August 12, 2008

Morton Loggers Jubilee 2008

I went to the Morton Loggers Jubilee this last weekend with my friend Kim. There were contestants from all over the states, and one from New Zealand. I tried to put video of the log rolling (see left), tree climbing, the Predator, etc. on here but they were too big to upload. I think the one on the left ended up winning the log rolling.



To the right you will see two men and their chainsaw...called the Predator. It is an old buick (i think) engine with a chainsaw attached. It weighs over 500 lbs.



I don't know what the contest is to the left but..the contestants start on the ground, chop a hole in the log, insert a board, stand on it, then chop another hole, insert another board, climb up to that one then chop the block of wood on the top in half, the first one done wins. You can see his falling to the ground. Him and his wife were on wife swap! His wife was also one of the contestants in some of the competitions.



Hope you enjoyed the pics, and my ramblin on! I can't wait for next year :)

No comments: