July 8, 2008
"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters."
This last Sunday the service at church was titled God's Antidote to Busyness. It was a great service. The pastor talked about how busy we are in our lives. That we need to take a Sabbath day, even if it isn't on Sunday. We all need to make time to enjoy life, spend time with friends and family, and take time to worship.
We have bulletins, message notes to fill out during the service. Here is what it was for this week...
God's Way to Relax:
1.) Realize my worth...
2.) Enjoy what I already have
"All of us should...enjoy what we have worked for. It is God's gift." Ecc. 3:13
3.) Limit my labor
"Only someone to stupid to find his way home would wear himself out with work." Ecc 10:15
4.) Adjust my values
"I've learned why people work so hard to succeed; it is because they envy the things their neighbors have." Ecc 4:4
"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:36
During the service I thought of a place I went last summer. While I was there time didn't matter, I wasn't stressed about anything, it was a time to be able to relax, have fun and enjoy life. Maybe one of these days we will all slow down and take the time to stop worrying, stressing, etc and enjoy the simple things in life.
(i don't know why my slide shows always show up twice!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Slowing down is very important to do and I agree that it is why Heavenly Father (God) gave us a sabbath day. To spend time with family and just be. OUr world is a very busy place and I hope you can find some time to relax. The pics are beautiful. We just need some Enya to go with them.
:) Sarah
Kari-
I love that important reminder. It is hard to slow down with all the stuff that goes on in life. It feels really refreshing when you actually take the time to sit down and contemplate all the wonderful blessings you have. Nice pictures too! Debbie
Kari!!! Hey it has been too long since I've checked your blog. Thank you so much for wishing me a happy bday, you're a sweetheart!
I didn't know you went to Church, sweet!!!!! I agree with Debbie, thank you for that reminder and the pictures... and I have a personal experience about keeping the Sabbath day as a day of rest and holiness. I've always done homework on Sundays and haven't really treated it as the day it should be but lately I've really taken it as a day to relax and read my scriptures and ponder. It has been hard because this Monday I had a big test in Anatomy and so I really could've used that time to study but I didn't, put my faith in Heavenly Father... and guess what?! I got 100% on my test (which definitly NEVER happens haha)!!! I definitly know I was blessed for keeping the Sabbath Day Holy.
Where do you go for Church?
Post a Comment